Tuesday, October 26, 2010 | By: fusion of light

Sacred Muse Artist Interview Lila Mattison

Lila won second place in the Sacred Muse Hosted Halloween Contest.

Lila Mattison

Artist Interview  With Lila Mattison
I Find that being an artist is a unique experience for each of us and I would like to know how you experience being an artist. 

Why are you an artist, and why did you decide to become an artist? 


Photography Prints

Ever since I was a young girl, I have had my own camera. At that time, I took photos of my family & friends. As I got older, I took interest in adding scenery, sunrises, sunsets, nature(including wildlife) and also unusual things. 

My family used to ask me why almost all the people in my paintings are nude. 

What are some specific artist traits that you have in your paintings and why? 



Photography Prints

I tend to lean towards taking photos of the different seasons of beauty & color. I believe this is due to the fact that I'm older now and appreciate the beauty surrounding us. 

What famous artists have influenced you/muses/mentors do you have and why? 

None really. The camera & and what it produces, if properly used, has always fascinated me. 
Photography Prints

What inspires you to create art? What do you do to keep motivated when your inspiration runs low?


 I don't need any motivation. I take photos almost every day of someone or something. I have many photos from many different cameras over the years -- all marked, labeled & and; organized in one room that I call my photo library. It used to be our daughter's & and; grandchildren's bedroom many years ago. 
Sell Art Online
How do you handle the business side of your art? 
I've never had a business involving my photos.

Art Prints


Do you have a personal website/blog?
 Yes. 



Where do you see yourself in 10 years?


 Eighty years old, and God willing, still taking photos. 

What advice do you give to other artists?


 If there is something you really enjoy doing, by all means, pursue it.

What is your favorite thing to paint?

 I'm sure, by now, you must realize that photography is a big part of my life. 
Art Prints

Why do you love art?
 I enjoy photography because certain photos are memories that can't be re-lived. I also enjoy drawing once in awhile, doing some digital art and mixed media. 


Art Prints

0 comments:

Post a Comment